Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Homesick

I am busy at work, Joshua is busy with his casebooks, and both of us are homesick.

We will not be able to go home for Easter this year. I must work on Good Friday, and Josh has classes on Good Friday, and we decided it made no sense for us to go home for only a few hours.

We did not go home for Easter last year, either, and yet we somehow made it through the weekend. We shall do the same this year.

Everything is well back home.

My parents have settled in after the trip to Greece. My mother is planning a backyard Easter Egg Hunt for my nephew and niece for Sunday morning. My father is reading a biography of Benjamin Disraeli. The dog has developed a fondness for crossword puzzles.

My older brother has decided that the joys of fatherhood are perhaps life’s greatest gift. My sister-in-law, after a year in the Twin Cities, has declared Minnesota home, and a far better place to raise a family than London or New York. My nephew and niece are spending lots of time playing in the backyard on warm afternoons.

My middle brother, for the first time in over four years, has a girlfriend.

He met her at a church function. She is an elementary teacher in Nebraska, and my brother has traveled to Omaha five times to visit with her and her family.

No one in my family has met her yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment